Tuesday 3 December 2019

WHY MTN CAN WIN THE WORSE CUSTOMER SATISFACTION COMPANY IN GHANA!

                                     By Tawia Evans


I have used my personal and official MTN chip since the year 2007and I have 3 other MTN sims plus a modem instead of using other networks, I am so hooked to MTN not because they give me the best of quality service or customer satisfaction but, that is the typical Ghanaian consumer for you, unreasonably loyal.

I also know a lot of my friends and family members who are also unrealistically in love with MTN not because MTN is the best but just because, there is seriously no authoritative in Ghana especially when it comes to telecommunication networks, so many Ghanaians have no choice than to be loyal to MTN by monopoly.

This unfortunate monopoly has also been deepened by the less-complex nature of the Ghanaian consumers as compared to consumers in advanced countries, where the consumers are so complex to the extend that their collective voice online is so powerful than the regulatory bodies in those countries.

But in Ghana, the consumer protection agency seem nonexistent and the only time you see them working is when the government convince them to increase electricity tariffs for the consumers.

WHY ARE GHANAIANS STILL IN LOVE WITH MTN?

One may argue, if you think MTN is that bad, why are majority of Ghanians still in love with them? the answer is simple: in as much as some Ghanaians are afraid of Change, if they see a real change they will switch in their numbers.

But when it comes to telecommunication networks, MTN is the only network you can find in the remotest parts of the country but, they have for some reasons known to only themselves, refused to take advantage of the monopoly they enjoy to provide quality service to their loyal customers.

Instead, MTN is behaving like the NPP and the NDC by disrespecting we the customers because they know there is no authoritative to whom we the customers can run to.

I am naturally a non-confrontational person which means before I will publicly come out about something, the situation may be getting out of hands. We all know how MTN sucks our data like an 82 years old who is told to suck her wife's breast to detect breast cancer.

If you want to know how bad MTN is abusing their customers, pray for the day MTN gives you some free data or airtime, you may have to go and resurrect the late prof. Allotey the world's Mathematician to calculate the MTN formula for deduction for you.
So it was in the evening of the 2nd of December, I decided to go to my blog to check things then I realized I did not have MTN data so as usual, I dialed *170# to buy data from my my MTN momo account then the nonsense begun.

This is the first time I shockingly got to know MTN had changed the data bundle purchase procedure, the new procedure was so basaa but, because I badly needed data, I proceeded to purchase the first one without knowing how much data I am given.

The money was quickly deducted fro my account but today is the 4th of December and the data I bought on the 2nd of December is yet to be given to me. So I went through the procedure to buy a second one I haven't received it either.

As a supposed to be serious and professional service company, MTN should have informed me the customer as soon as they introduced this new means of buying data and any inconvenience associated with the procedure plus educate we the customers on how to do it easily but because MTN is aware of the non-existence of any authoritative to them, they only told me after I called their customer care center, before I was told there has been a technical problem with MTN.

So from the 2nd to the 4th my money has not been refunded to my momo account and I haven't received the data I have paid for as well so with this insult from MTN, if this is not disrespect of the Ghanaian customer MTN should tell me.

Now my advice to MTN: Ghana is the cheapest country to operate a service company secondly, Ghana has one of the less complicated consumers or customers any company would want to
 do business with.

Third, the Ghanaian consumer is not complex when it comes to their expectations we are also timid and conformist so, all of these attributes of the Ghanaian consumer makes this market the easiest and cheapest to work with.

but MTN is still struggling to take advantage of this loop wholes to at least satisfy their customers and keep their market share all because, they know whether they threat us good or bad, they are not going to lose nothing.

But MTN should not forget that their suffocation of we the customers is gradually opening our eyes and making us gradually complex and very soon they can lose their market share and this goes out to all other service companies in Ghana.  

             
    


   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment